Monday, May 25, 2009

You want me to do What?

Here is a great story to tell. After my weekend at Frankfort, and Louisville, KY I really thought hard about a lot of things. I felt so good in those races and our team would have won both races if I wouldn't have been behind an excited early pedaling young racer. God had other plans there and I didn't approach him and he didn't approach me. I should have asked if he was alright even though he took me down. I am over it and next time I see him I will ask how he is doing. Any way I felt great after that weekend so I thought about going to Iowa.

At home I knew it would be to much traveling so I thought if I still want to race the rest of the year I better pay attention to what God wanted me to do. So I was going to go see my grandma in DC but then I got an e-mail from one of my teammates saying he wanted me to race with him local and that would be better than no teammates at DC. It was a good thing I stayed at home all day Saturday because Caylin learned how to ride a bike on two wheels. She already has 8 miles logged in on two wheels and wants to ride in her sleep. Yes it is true I did push her too much on saturday to the point she puked. Caylin thought hard about that and took the training wheels off because I told her it would be less work and she could go faster. I know that is why she wanted to learn to ride on two wheels, just say the word "faster" and she goes! She wants her seat down so she can touch the ground while on the seat. I am ok with that for now.

I am so amazed how God worked everything out for me to see her face the first time she did it. God is so awesome and plans everything out so perfectly. Also Panther/RGF pb Felt did really good out at Iowa taking 2nd and 7th at Snake Alley, and 2nd at Quad Cities. Here in Erie, PA We took 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 6th. Not a sweep but that is because Nate Larson was super strong and took 2nd. I tired several times to bridge up to him and Andy(Lazer) but had two really strong riders on my wheel. Awesome weekend but not looking foreward to the scale tomorrow. I did hit under 190 last week but will be blessed to be below 193 this week.

No comments: