Thursday, September 28, 2006

Truth Patrol

Thanks to my cousin he said I could put his words of wisdom on my blogspot. Thanks Ryan I thank you for all your wisdom and being a leader for Christ!

To Be Like Jesus
A Christ follower needs to follow the example of Jesus Christ daily. He or she must without hesitation take up the cross and follow Him each day.Character of ChristHumble service (John 13:1-5)Holiness (I Peter 1:15-16)Righteousness (I John 3:7)Purity (I John 3:3)Love (Ephesians 5:1-2)Forgiveness (Colossians 3:13)Compassion (Ephesians 4:32)Endurance (Hebrews 12:2-4)Submission (I Peter 2:21-4)Humility, obedience (Philippians 2:5-8)Kindness (Luke 6:35)Generous giving (II Corinthians 8:1-9)What a responsibility the church of Jesus Christ has to be an example to those inside the church and outside the church. May you seek to always glorify Him in the church and out.“A man’s life is always more forcible than his speech. When men take stock of him they reckon his deeds as dollars and his words as pennies. If his life and doctrine disagree the mass of onlookers accept his practice and reject his preaching.” C.H. SpurgeonAs one seeks to live a Christ-like life each day, he or she must do so with a thankful heart to God. Praise His dear name for what He did for us while we were dead in our sins and trespasses. Romans 5:8 tells us that God demonstrates or shows His own love for us in this that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.RepaymentThou the Cross didst bear: What bear I? Thou the Thorn didst wear: What wear I? Thou to death didst dare: What dare I? Thou for me dost care: What care I?
posted by Ryan Carpenter

No comments: