Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Iowa

Went to Iowa for Easter, Easter you said, yep Easter. I have been so busy and have so much I need to write down.

Anywho... Went to Iowa for Easter to be with family. It was my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. My mom had us share with them about all the great times we had. One memory that will be stuck in my head forever was the time we shot off fireworks over top my Grandpa Mari's Lake of the Ozarks.

Well we had a crowd of family and friends watching it was great!

My cousin Ryan, my Brother Chris and I started shooting bottle rockets.... without the bottle.... cause what fun is that! I started sticking them in the ground trying to make them skip across the lake. It looked awesome when they blew up on top of the water or right in the water, super cool.

The Last bottle rocket.... well this last one I did... yep I admit it.

I Did It.

I lit it as it stuck in the ground so perfect ready to skip across the water... then it ...uh oh.. no.. no.. wait.. no, no, no, no ....

As the rocket was still sticking in the ground trying to launch it shook back and forth up and down side to side...

then on a direct route to my Grandpa.

POP!

It singed the hairs right off my Grandpa's leg.

After I mentioned it at the 60th anniversary party Grandpa Mari (Marion) said he still has a scar from it.

Great times, our family shared these memories for hours that night.

My Grandma, we call her Grandma P, shared with us how important it is to have a Christian marriage. We sure have learned so much from them and hope to have so many more memories with them.

It is hard to write this now but my Grandpa needs prayer today. He is in surgery for a triple bypass. Please pray for him, the Doctors and our family.

No comments: