Friday, August 08, 2008

Marion

I just had to write today before my race. I need prayer after what happened last night on my way home from work. Since I started cycling on Aug 11 2001 at 280 pounds, I have seen a lot of stuff happen. I have seen beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I have seen racers do some pretty awesome things in races. I have also seen some of the negative things as well. I have seen racers wreck and I have been in many myself. I have seen guys get hit by cars or total cars. I have heard of riders getting hurt or die during training or in races. I have heard of riders getting sick or I have even raced with riders that have never come back to the sport.

Well to get on to what I am writing about, I need prayer. I need prayer for all of them and myself. I have almost witnessed head on collisions and I have been blessed to this point, Thank you Lord Jesus. I have been sick during the season in 2004 for over 2 months. I have never been out for longer than 15 days for a wreck. God has protected me and has blessed me very much. I recently had a great weekend with my best race in the elite 1/2 when I drove the break of 4 riders and just put out more power than the others. I was very happy to sacrafice the first two places. The Lord has Blessed me so much. To get on with the resaon I am writing, I need a miracle. Last night I was riding home from work and I did my first sprint at 900 watts then the 2nd for 1100 watts. The 3rd was much more distrubing than the first two. To begin with my legs still felt tired and maybe I shouldn't have done any at all and something told me not to but I did them anyway. The 3rd one I only hit 1245 which I usally hit that on the first attempt and I have hit 1550's on the 3rd attempts. Well during that time I felt a strain on my right leg at the connecting point area. I am guessing it is the Sartorius muscle. Please pray that it will heal as I had trouble walking last night. It is still sore but feels better. I have not got on the bike yet where it really hurts to make a movment every pedal stroke that is above 150 watts. The Sartorius muscle is a long thin muscle that runs down the length of the thigh. It is the longest muscle in the human body. Its upper portion forms the lateral border of the femoral triangle. So please pray that I will be able to race as we make a long trip out to Marion, Indiana. I just want to be able to ride my bike so I am hoping I don't do any more damage than I already have. If you need to change my mind about this weekend call me 1-877-766-4465 I will be here till noon. You can still call that number and my dad will let me know and he will be here till 5 pm. He doesn't know about this yet but he will soon. Thanks for the prayers, pray that when I warm up at 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm it will feel better as I warm up for the race. Thanks and most importantly be with our safe travels and also in the race. Thank you Lord Jesus.

No comments: