Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tired race weekend

The start to my day was waking up early at 3:00 am. I was going to do 3 races but my legs didn't have any snap to them at all after a 5 hour drive and 4 hours of sleep. Got in a break with two others and was beat at the line by Dirk in the masters race. After racing the masters race I knew I couldn't sprint so I tried to make breaks work. I made it into a 5 man break with 3 Roadhouse and a PA Lightning. Roadhouse took the first 3 places as Dirk beat me again. Dirk is Awesome!

The nex day I felt worn down and tired from the day before and did everything I could to stay at the front of the race. Jeff, Burns, and I got into a break and stayed away. I couldn't drop Jeff in the sprint so I grabbed his wheel into the head wind and came around him at the line. Thank you Lord for helping my leg to get better each day. I just love to ride my bike.

No comments: