Friday, June 06, 2008

Think, Think, Think

"Think, Think, Think. Now's the time think think think. When you have a problem think think think." I just love Caylin's cartoon's

Sometimes we feel we are going the right direction but we seem to always get side tracked. Or actually only God knows if we are heading the right way. All we can do is do our best to follow His son's example. Christ lead a perfect life and we need to be like Jesus.

Here are some things for you to think about. Thanks to a brother in Christ sharing with me and real friends intrude into each others life as Toby Mac would say. I thank the Lord for my friends to help me stay focused on Christ.

1 Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

This is meant to be an encouragement, not discouragement. Always put godliness first, eyes firmly fixed on God, pursuing and loving HIM with your whole heart, soul, mind and strength. Everything else must follow, including what we would DO for him, such as physical training or using out talents and gifts for His service.

Matthew 6:33
Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

If we’re not careful, we can start to put the gifts and talents before God. We can start to think that “we must try harder to do those things that please God” and it becomes out of our well of strength rather than his infinite well. The greatest commandment is to “love God with your whole heart, soul, mind and strength”. Keeping the first thing first is the way to bring balance to your life. It isn’t as important what we “do” for God as how we seek God. If we put seeking Him first, he will do the transforming. We are not to transform ourselves. Yes, we are told to obey, but the power to obey comes from immersing ourselves in God, his Word, his love and his nature.

1 Corinthians 13
Love 1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments: