Sunday, February 10, 2008

Time to do something

Ok this post should have been posted in October when I stopped riding my bike. I have rode my bike a total of 50 hours since then which is about 2 hrs a week. I had a week of 15 hrs in Dec. but nothing since. Last year I didn't start riding till the end of March and my first race was the RATL. This year I will really see how much it feels like to jump on the bike and just race. I always seem to get to 210 each winter but I know how to tackle that problem. I just don't like doing it year after year.

I have really been kicking myself around, knowing how much God would like me to have my body be more of a temple for Him. I have also enjoyed helping out at the Church each weekend, watching those kids have fun and learn more about basketball.

So now it is time to get down to business in the cycling sense. This is just a hobby for me and it is fun only when you don't wreck. I do it for a better reason than fun, I do it because God has given me a gift of racing or competing. In return I try and do my best to let others know about Jesus and how much He needs to be a part of all of our lives. Plus my wife told me to get on the bike so you know I am over weight and lazy. She will win and I will get on the bike Monday for an hour and then ride hard for 15 mins on tuesday during my two hour ride in the basement. That also means I will have set a record for most time on the bike in the basement in the last two years. In the fall of 2006 I didn't ride, and all of 2007 I rode 30 mins. So in 2008 things may be a lot different, but one thing is for sure I will be lighter than any year since i started racing in 2002.

No comments: