Thursday, May 01, 2008

April 26th race

Munroe Falls is a great place to race. It may be the best I have been too.

On that day of the race I met up with friends from MI. Becky, Caylin and I had a great time of Fellowship with them for too short of a weekend. Our time went so fast, we had so much fun. After the race Jeff had e-mailed me and was very thankful for RGF making him feel like one of the team members. Thanks RGF. The plan was to go out hard and send two up the road everytime. That didn't happen to much. It seemed like one up the road by there selves or one in a break of 4. So it all came down to a sprint finish that was almost one by a last effort for a solo victory by RGF. We had failed at winning the race, but we placed 2nd, 4th, 6th, 16th, and 18th.

I was happy with the places but we made one very big mistake. We didn't lead out our sprinter, instead he lead me out from 400 meters and I still couldn't come around him. Only one guy could. Next time I will lead out no matter what if I feel the way I did before the sprint. I made a big mistake and will not make that one again. Sorry to all my teammates.

No comments: