Monday, May 12, 2008

Church and Romans/Abraham

Well I started teaching kids how to throw and catch at church for T-Ball. Very hard to teach them. By the end of the 1 hour in the last 10 min session I had kids rolling around in the grass down the hill. So much fun!

Church on Sunday was awesome! We had our dedication Sunday for the little ones. Also John did a great job for Mothers day. Proverbs 31; 10-31. He had mentioned for mothers not to get discouraged for this was a list that set the bar high. I thought about it and my wife does so much, I thought what do I do? I better be more supportive and loving. I told her sorry for things that have been said in the past. No one is perfect but I better set a great example to others. Don't let your flame burn out mothers we love you.

Ok as for Romans we have set a new obsatcle in the way. I had to look up when the circumcision started and how many children did Abraham end up having?

Well in Genesis 17; 24 Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised. He had Ishmael, Isaac, Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak and Shuah.

I suggest you read about Abraham starting in Genesis 11; 26 His name was Abram and was switched to Abraham when he was circumcised. This story is like one of those Soap shows on TV.
It is so amazing how much Abraham devoted himself to the Lord. He did do a bunch of things God did not approve of but it seemed to me he took two steps forward and one step back and then two steps forward. Always moving closer to God. Again no one is perfect except for Jesus!

Enjoy reading hope you let me know what you think and if you have questions I would love to try and look them up.

No comments: