Monday, May 12, 2008

RATL #4

Hardest race I have done in a couple years. I was in the red for the 1 hour race. One time I felt like puking, and another time my side hurt so bad I wanted to quit. With all my allergies, asthma, head/chest cold, and recovering from a couple of wrecks the weekend before. I felt great about how I finished 8th or something like that. My main concern is will I be ready for Snake Alley and the other races? RATL was so fast and I was glad to have 7 other teammates at the race. Sad thing is we didn't win. I had fun no crashes and Andy Clarke was up the road, sorry I couldn't help once again. We had photos after the race and I felt rushed all day since I didn't plan for them. Sorry to everyone I was short with or rude too, at least I felt I was.

Pray for me to heal up get healthy and enjoy Snake Alley. I would like to finish in the top 20 but may not even be able to finish the race do to uncertainty. I pray that God will help me to just enjoy this race no matter if I finish or not.

Snake Alley is listed by the Ripleys Believe It or Not as the crookedest street in the world. Not only is it crooked, but it is steep and its surface is old brick. It provides a real challenge to the bicyclist racers to race up this landmark street (one that is a challenge for most to simply walk up).

No comments: